Combining Tanium and ServiceNow means all your IT and security operations workflows are driven by accurate, near real-time data. And the capabilities extend beyond just funneling data into ServiceNow. With ServiceNow as the brains of an organization's IT processes and Tanium acting as the eyes and hands, you can increase productivity and maximize your investment.
In addition to the wide range of pre-built integrations already available, Tanium offers Integration Core, an SDK for ServiceNow. By making the most popular features of Tanium's API easily accessible within ServiceNow, our customers and partners can build custom integrations in ServiceNow powered by Tanium's unmatched visibility and control.
Visit Tanium's ServiceNow Partnership Page for additional information as well as the Solution Brief
ServiceNow has broad use across Tanium's customer base. And virtually all ServiceNow customers use ServiceNow to handle other process areas besides CMDB (although CMDB plays an important role in many, if not most of those processes). For example:
- Incident Management
- Change Management
- Problem Management
- Vulnerability Management
- Service Request Management (and Service Catalog)
- Patch Management
- Integrated Risk Management
- Hardware & Software Asset Management
- Security Operations Management
Tanium data and capabilities can improve accuracy and efficiency no matter how an organization uses ServiceNow. There are a variety of integrations ready to install that integrate Tanium with the most popular ServiceNow user cases.
Looking for one of the pre-built Tanium integrations for ServiceNow?
Vulnerability Response Integrations
- Tanium Vulnerability Response: Use Endpoint Vulnerability data from Tanium's Comply Module to help prioritize findings and verify risk remediation.
- Vulnerability Response Patch Orchestration With Tanium: Patch CIs through the Vulnerability Response Patch Orchestration module. This can be used in addition to the Tanium Vulnerability Response integration to close the loop from identifying vulnerabilities with Tanium Comply to patching those vulnerabilities with Tanium Patch.
- Tanium Configuration Compliance: Automated sync between Tanium Comply Module findings and ServiceNow CMDB drives automation, workflow improvement, and better-informed Change Management.
File Integrity Monitoring
- Integrity Monitor: Integrity Monitor can automatically label events based on change requests or change tasks in ServiceNow. You can then determine which events are authorized and filter out events within authorized change windows.
Tanium Integritry and Unauthorized Change Monitoring: Manage and review Tanium Integrity Monitor events from ServiceNow. Link events with corresponding Change Requests and change windows to identify and create tickets for unauthorized changes.
- Security Operations: Increase efficiency in the incident lifecycle by removing the number of manual investigation steps and augmenting ServiceNow processes with the speed and scale of Tanium. Related incident data is presented in a meaningful and actionable way in a new unified interface.
- CSD 2.0 For Tanium: Powered by Tanium Deploy, this integration enables an administrator to create all the records necessary to deploy software from service catalog requests, including software models and catalog items. Automate the deployment and revocation of software. Optionally integrates with Software Asset Mangement (SAM Professional or Foundation) to manage license information for deployed software.
Asset Module Integrations: There are 2 supported ways to load the ServiceNow CMDB with Tanium Asset Module data
- Service Graph Connector: This ServiceNow integration uses a pull operation to an inventory of Tanium managed devices and software usage data into the CMDB.
- Asset Destination: This integration adds Tanium as a discovery source in ServiceNow and uses a push operation to load Tanium Asset Module data into the CMDB.
- Tanium CI Introspect UI: Make helpdesk agents and IT administrators faster and more efficient. Live endpoint information is made readily accessible to them and actions can be performed on endpoints without the need for disruptive remote access software.
Tanium Integration Core is a Software Development Kit (SDK) in ServiceNow offering a collection of simple interfaces that any ServiceNow customer or partner developer can use to build their own functionality. It leverages APIs to access the power of the Tanium platform from within ServiceNow. This highly configurable tool can enrich any process with easy access to Tanium's broad catalog of data and actions.
Easily incorporated any of these capabilities from the Tanium APIs into your custom integration application, functionality, or process.
- Ask a Live Question, requesting cached or real-time data from endpoints
- Establish a Direct Connection to an endpoint to start or stop a service, kill a process, reboot, etc.
- Run a Tanium API Gateway GraphQL query to get data about any online or offline managed endpoint
- Deploy a software package on an endpoint using Tanium Deploy as part of a workflow or other process. Useful for Change control, self-service software package deployment, etc.
- Get live details about an endpoint right when they're relevant, such as when a new Incident or Change request is created and associated with an endpoint. Accurate and up-to-date information is available to ITIL users, beyond what is typically included in the CMDB.
Ready get build or want learn more? For use case ideas and detailed interface descriptions, please download the comprehensive Tanium Integration Core User Guide
Integration Core is available for free on the ServiceNow Store.